Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Nightmare Weekend For The Rangers Fans

And now the series is tied 3-3, with all of the momentum belonging to Washington as they head home for Game 7. Oh well, I guess I should just be happy that the Rangers made the playoffs after their big midseason collapse. The better team in this first round series has finally started winning (three of the last four games now) and should be able to close it out on Tuesday and continue the long-standing tradition of Boneman's Bruins never facing my Rangers in the playoffs in the two decades that we've known each other.

Unfortunately Washington's Game 7 victory will also end a long, proud streak that New York has held over its franchise history of never losing a best-of-7 series after leading 3-1. That's just the kind of year it's been for that team, I guess.

2 comments:

Michael Kernahan said...

I predict that one of the Rangers reads your blog, remembers the 3-1 tradition and gets the team to close out the series.

If they lose, someone hacked my account.

:-)

Boneman8 said...

THAT was the stat I had heard (the Rangers have NEVER lost a series when leading 3 games to 1.

I personally, would like to see history repeat itself and keep that streak alive (but probably mostly for selfish reasons).