Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Not Quite Ready To Quit Comics Just Yet

Over on their newly-minted blog, The Source, DC Comics has published three pages from the upcoming miniseries, JLA: Cry for Justice. All three are stunning, but I picked the one to the left because it features several of my favourite characters (including Supergirl, Superman, Flash and Green Lantern). This JLA title, written by James Robinson, was originally supposed to be an ongoing series, but for whatever reason it's recently been downgraded to a 6-issue limited run. While I'm disappointed that we won't get more, now that I've seen some of the work by artist Mauro Cascioli I can appreciate that he probably couldn't hold down a monthly title anyway. It should be quite the thrill to see even 6 issues with that calibre of painting in it!

Now I just hope that DC holds off scheduling the first issue until they've got enough of the rest of the material finished to ensure that we don't have long waits in the middle.

No comments: