Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Stupid Things That Hurt The PS/3

A news item went out about 3 hours ago, indicating that the Red Faction: Guerrilla demo was now available for download on both the XBox 360 and PS/3. I didn't see that article until just a few minutes ago, at which point I immediately booted up my PS/3 and went into the PlayStation Store... where I could find no record of RF:G at all. I tried several different filtering techniques ("New Arrivals", "All Demos", "Titles alphabetically") and the closest I could come were a couple of videos (trailers) for the game.

Disgusted, I switched over to my 360, and went to "Game Marketplace" and then "Demos", and RF:G was the first one shown. I'm now downloading it on my 360, and will be trying it out there. I had planned to buy it on the PS/3 if I liked it, because I tend to favour Sony's console with my cash over Microsoft's whenever feasible (I've never liked Microsoft's assinine attitude toward the rivalry between the two, for one thing). And maybe I still will buy it for the PS/3, but Sony certainly doesn't make it easy somedays. It's probably the case that the RF:G demo just isn't released on the PS/3 quite yet (it'll likely come out later today) but why wouldn't Sony have it ready to coincide with the press release?

[And I totally missed doing something special to mark this, my 2,222nd post! Oh well.]

1 comment:

Dan said...

I had the same thing with the Legends of Wrestlemania demo, but in that case it was that THQ had released the demo and found out it didn't work properly so yanked it off the PS3 store then put it back up a week later. Is it possible the same thing happened here?