Friday, February 01, 2008

Agile Book Draft # 3 Almost Done

Vicki and I spent about 3 hours tonight, side by side, going over her edits from the past week. She's done an amazing job of providing feedback on all 50,000 words of it, and I'd say that the vast majority of her suggestions have been incorporated into this newest version. I was worried that she might only offer up typo's and grammatical boo boo's, but I was delighted to find out that she also focused on aspects like flow, consistency, clarity and style, even going to the point of offering up some additional examples and pop culture references! It's definitely proving to be a better book for her efforts, and I couldn't be happier.

We're about an hour of co-editing away from finishing Draft # 3, so I expect that I may be able to send review copies (Word doc format) out to a few people as early as sometime this weekend. And what an exciting thought that is... for me, anyway!

No comments: