Sunday, February 03, 2008

First Review Copy Of Agile Book Has Left The House

I've sent the first copy of The Real-Life Adventures Of AgileMan (Lessons Learned Going Agile) Draft # 3 out for review, and am waiting to hear back from two others who I hope will be willing to provide feedback on it.

If I thought that having Vicki reading it over last week was a bit nerve-wracking (and it was!) then I should've been prepared for how hard it was going to be to send it out to people who are almost strangers, compared to my wife! What if they hate it? Or worse, what if they just think it's a piece of boring crud and can't believe that I wasted six months of my life writing it? After all, Vicki has been one of the biggest fans of my writing all along, so what does her (strongly positive) reaction mean in the grand scheme of things?

And yes, those are the fun kinds of thoughts bouncing around in my brain this weekend. Some people have real problems to deal with in their lives, and here I am worrying about stupid, trivial stuff like that. Go figure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So... will a leaked copy be posted on the internet prior to publishing to try to get some media attention? :-)

I'm sure your book won't be thaaaaat bad. Not if you listen to Vicki anyways. ;-) Can't wait to read it!

2 Clubs!!