Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Exciting Comic Covers Coming Out Tomorrow (February 19th Edition)

I was thinking of posting an "Exciting Comics Coming Out Tomorrow" update, but then I couldn't find anything among the 15 issues that I'll be laying good money down for on Wednesday that could really count as "exciting." So instead I went looking at the covers themselves, to see if any of them would quicken my pulse at all, and I came up with this: Batman Superman # 46 (yes, the series is actually called Batman Superman.. or maybe it's Superman Batman!)

What I like about this cover image is that it's a nice shot of both leads, and includes the Man of Steel using his heat vision (which he doesn't do nearly enough in the comics, for my tastes!). One of my all-time favourite Superman moments came in the Alan Moore-scripted, Dave Gibbons-drawn Superman Annual in which Supes finally goes toe to toe with alien conqueror Mongul. As he lets loose with a wicked burst of heat vision onto the nearly-invulnerable villain's torso, Kal-El says only one word: "Burn." Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

No comments: