Friday, February 22, 2008

Bridge Night # 3 Is Now Geography... I Mean, History!

For the third straight time, the Agilistic Duo won both games against our spouses, virtually ensuring that sex will soon be something that we can only read about in books and Adults-Only comic books (not that I own any of those, of course!) The first game was particularly surreal, as it seemed to me that we were losing hands throughout and apologizing to each other for our mistakes in bidding and leading (OK, maybe it was all me doing the talking, but let's not split hairs), only to discover at the end that we'd somehow been awarded extra points for making the women work harder at beating us than they should have - I swear that's what it sounded like to me! - and thus emerged victorious at the buzzer. (I can't help but recall Steve Smith scoring on his own net in the playoffs in 1986 to send the Calgary Flames past his Oilers, although as noted above, there may not actually be much scoring of any variety happening in either of our households anytime soon!)

At any rate, I've yet to experience the feeling of losing at Bridge, though it's only a matter of time. I suspect, in the final analysis, that it'll feel a lot like winning to me... once they tell me that we lost, that is!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry we'll let you know when you've lost. Down 2 tricks = 100 for the girls, down 2 more another 100, down 2 more vulnerable another 200, and you guys still managed to win! What cards! Oops meant what skill!

Anonymous said...

At this rate, I hope you never figure the game out. :-)