Monday, April 14, 2008

Agile Book (Sales) Update

On the same day that I reached the "20 copies sold" mark, a very generous co-worker who'd received one of the complimentary copies of The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) let me know that he wanted to buy 4 more to give out to members of his team! What an awesome thing for him to do, and a great vote of confidence, to boot! (I can't help but contrast that with a certain executive friend of mine, who has yet to read the book despite getting an advance electronic version a couple of months ago, as well as a free printed copy on Launch Day.)

When that latest request arrived, I only had 3 copies left from the last batch. Thus I've now placed yet another order for 10 more. I think if I manage to sell all of that latest group then I'll be within about $50 of breaking even, which would be quite an accomplishment. After all, at one point I thought I'd be lucky to sell 5 copies! To anyone out there reading this who has purchased (or produced a sale of) a copy of my book, I say, "Thank you, and thank you again!"

No comments: