Friday, April 11, 2008

One Week Of Hinckley Left

As should come as no surprise to anyone who works with him, Jimmy Hinckley is a week away from leaving our office and heading on to new challenges and rewards of the employment variety. This all seems vaguely familiar to me, in a deja vu-like sense...

Nearly 8 years ago, Mr Hinckley abandoned me at the bank, and headed to a new job. Despite the fact that we'd only worked together for a couple of years at that point, we'd "bonded" enough (in a manly sort of way) that we decided to meet for lunch every week in order to keep in touch. That ended up being a really smart move on my part, as eventually I followed Jimmy to his new employer, where I've been ever since.

Just this week we had the same discussion, and will figure out some lunch schedule to ensure that we don't drift too far apart. Does this mean that history will repeat itself and I'll get yet another new job out of this? That's highly unlikely, as I tend to regard my current employment as the one I intend to shortly retire from... at least for the first retirement! ("Shortly" here means within the next year or two.) But on the other hand, you just never know what the future may hold.

Anyway, I'm going to miss the Human Computer when he leaves. Such is Life, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad!! Good luck, James!