Tuesday, April 08, 2008

First "Creator Revenue" Sale

Thanks to friend Craig, in Ottawa, I had my first book sale today that didn't require anything from me! Craig purchased a copy of The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) directly from Lulu, and so all I have to do now is sit back and collect my 80% of the markup. Is this how it always works for real authors? Sweeeet!

Of course, now there's the little matter of Lulu actually manufacturing a copy of the book for Craig and shipping it to him, all without making the customer wait long enough that he wonders why he ever bothered in the first place. Inventory? What inventory?! But I expect Craig will have my book in his hands within a week, so maybe that's not too terrible. I guess he'll let me know...

No comments: