Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Agile Books? We Got 'Em!

The big shipment of 32 copies of The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) arrived this afternoon around 1:20 p.m. They were very well-packed and as far as Vicki and I could tell, none were damaged in transit. The printing quality looked every bit as high as we'd seen on the individual copies that we've received in the past, and so it looks like the long, almost eight month voyage is finally over!

I've planned a little "Launch Lunch" for Friday with the reviewers (other than Tammy, who's an out of towner) after which I'll be handing out complementary copies to a select few - you should know who you are by now! - and seeing if I can sell a handful more. If I sell out - hah! - then I'll just have to order more. Such is life (I should be so lucky!)

Sometime after Friday I'll probably post a scan of the cover here, for those who frequent the blog but aren't looking to get their hands on a copy of the book. I also owe David some sort of description of what the heck Agile is, and that should be a much more distinct possibility once I'm through the activities of the next several days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what I call self-publishing. In other words, congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Any copies for people who just think it's kinda cool with no intention of actually reading it? What is the selling price of this amazing tome? I would maybe pay real cash and support Matt's retirement fund.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

A mere $20 is all it takes to own a copy of the must-read event of the year!

And my book's only $20, too!

Vicki thinks you'll end up reading it if you get one, Sue. But then again, she's a little biased.