Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Quitting The Blogging Game

I'm sure people have noticed that my output has dropped significantly of late, with some days only showing a single post (down from the first year of blogging, when I'd average four to six posts per day) and often a feeble one, at that. It's been eighteen months of constant blogging, going back to October 1, 2006, but I've now run out of steam. I haven't blogged at work in over a month, and rarely add anything to The Studio blog (in much the same way as the other bloggers there, in fact).

Blogging has just lost its appeal in recent months, I have to say. I doubt anyone will miss me, or this blog, but I still thought that I should at least announce my retirement rather than just skulking off quietly into the early April night.

As the folks at the pizza joint like to say: it's been a slice!

[Update: April Fool's, folks... you're not rid of me just yet!]

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm... I definitely have noticed the dropoff in volume (like I'm one to talk!) but coming at a minute after midnight on April 1 one still has to wonder....

Anonymous said...

Beat me to the punch peterj.

Will Agile Man cease and desist?

Will the Gant charts make a triumphant return?

Who is Agile Boy, and can he really be trusted?

Find out next week, same Agile time, same Agile channel. Unless, of course, the customer wants a different time. Or channel. Or broadcast system. And they could cancel the show, it's true. But statistically, there's a high probability that...

Hmm...

Maybe?

Anonymous said...

Well it worked on me!

i2cool2fool said...

I don't believe it.

i2cool2fool
(aka Morehouse.....who hardly ever blogs)

Anonymous said...

Ah, such fond memories around this day....elephants and garage door codes. Just makes me smile and laugh!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Last year's "Sun Microsystems is removing the DivisionByZero exception was perhaps more of a classic April Fool's joke, but this year's got more people! (At last count, Jimmy Hinckley, Tammy and Boneman all fell for it.)

Mike Marsman said...

I didn't even know about it until Boneman mentioned it to me in the elevator today, on the way out... so no effect here :)

Had I read this earlier, though - I suspect my response would be something like this.

Anonymous said...

Got me, but it doesn't count because it was Apr 4 when I read it. My antenna was not properly up.