Thursday, April 17, 2008

Way To Silence Those Idiots

(This one's for the Boneman!)

The only thing more annoying than Montreal Canadiens fans is... OK, I lied: there's actually nothing worse than Montreal Canadiens fans! So seeing the Boston Bruins take it to the Habs tonight, in Montreal, and send all those whiny, singing morons home unhappy was pure delight for this hockey fan. Hopefully tonight's performance by Habs goalie Carey Price will be repeated in the remaining games, as he certainly looked like a nervous rookie rather than the Second Coming of Ken Dryden (or was it Patrick Roy?)

I expect that tonight's 5-1 defeat will cause at least a few fans of the rouge, bleu et blanc to reconsider their stance that their beloved hockey team is all-but guaranteed the Cup this year.

Did I mention that there's nothing more annoying than Habs fans?

3 comments:

Boneman8 said...

When it was 3-1 with about 10 minutes left I was quietly chanting at the TV, repeatedly, "Okay..don't do anything STUPID now...nothing STUPID". Then Chara gets a stupid penalty. I apparently figured they could hear me when I screamed, "Don't you know how could their power play is???" Once that PP was killed off, the Bruins were handed another 2 minutes...but on Sturm's shorthanded goal, I will admit, I took the Habs' fans' anthem and changed it for my own purposes by singing, "Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, Game 6!!"

My boys continue to exceed my expectations.

i2cool2fool said...

LOL

My two fav teams:
- Toronto Maple Leafs (who are slowly killing me)
- whoever the habs are playing

Anonymous said...

" whoever the habs are playing "
- OK that made me laugh out loud!