Thursday, February 11, 2010

Aliens Vs Predator: Which Version To Buy?

The first review of the game gave it a 5.75 out of 10 or something like that, and was quite savage in its criticisms. Having played the demo, I can see how that probably wasn't entirely unfair. However, today we got a much more balanced and even favourable review that likely reflects a fan-of-the-franchise's reaction, and hence might be closer to my own. Nice to see that AvP isn't always getting shredded by the reviewers!

Now, of course, I'm starting to think about whether to buy the game for the PS/3 or the XBox 360. My default position is usually Sony, because I love my PlayStation and I find Microsoft's inevitable arrogance rather difficult to take and impossible to like. However, I'd like to get the best possible experience out of AvP, and that may mean playing it on XBox Live where the online community might be more active. Decisions, decisions!

Anyone out there in the readership planning to buy this game, and if so, on which console?

No comments: