Thursday, February 18, 2010

Great Moments In Gaming

After dipping my toe into the blood-soaked Aliens vs Predator pond today, I got "called back to duty" for some Modern Warfare 2 action tonight. McChicken wanted to play some Special Ops to start, and I was more than happy to accommodate that request. The two of us earned a couple of stars in the Wardriving mission, and used sentry guns and Claymores more strategically than I think we ever have before!

Then it was time for some Team Deathmatch fun, for which we invited Boneman to join us. The three of us did very well, but one slice of teamwork in particular stood out for me. On the Estate map, McChicken and I were both at the basement entrance to the chalet. He very wisely and considerately told me, "Kimota, there's two guys right at the top of these stairs!" Those would be the stairs I had been just about to run up! I could see enemies on my heartbeat monitor, but the three-story layout of that house makes it very hard to figure out where the bad guys really are (they could be on any one of the levels). With his warning, though, I reconsidered my plan and instead fired a flash band grenade up to the landing above our heads. As the two suckers up there staggered around blindly, I was able to pick both of them off with no problem. It was two easy kills with very little risk to my own life and limb (the best way to ratchet up your kill-to-death ratio!). And I owe it all to McChicken! What a pal!

Despite not playing for over a week, I found it extremely easy to get back into that game. That says something right there, I think.

1 comment:

Boneman8 said...

I believe I was pushing up daisies when that particular event happened.