Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Burnout Complete?

Tonight, I played about an hour of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 before realizing that I was getting very little enjoyment out of it. It's become so automatic a part of my nightly routine over the past two and a half weeks that it took me that long to come face to face with the fact that I'm bored of the maps by now and have leveled my favourite guns up as much as I care to. I'm at level 60 (2-star general) and really just don't have the drive anymore to get to the top rank (70, or Supreme Commander).

Which is probably all fine, since I'd already put in about the equivalent of 3 days (i.e. 72 hours) of playing just the multiplayer component, without counting the many, many hours Tammy and I spent on Special Ops over the Christmas break or the enjoyment I've gotten from the single player campaign. All in all, I'd be surprised if I haven't pushed over the 100-hour mark already, making the game a pretty good return on its cost.

In less than a week, Aliens vs Predator comes out, at which point I hope to start into its three different campaigns (Marine, Predator and Alien), and that could keep me busy for awhile if it's any good. Maybe it's just as well not to go directly from one gaming obsession to the next!

No comments: