Sunday, February 28, 2010

Math Book Print Draft Copy Ordered

I put the finishing touches on No Kid of Ours is Failing at Math (How Parents Can Help) this morning, with Vicki's help. I'm sure I've missed something, in all of the checking and re-checking of the past couple days, but at some point you just have to lob the ball and hope for a touchdown.

If things go as they have in the past with such Lulu projects, I should have this first physical copy in hand sometime in the next couple of weeks. As of right now, I have approximately ten pre-orders for the book (some more firmed up than others) but am planning to do a considerably larger first order than that. Exact numbers are still being debated, but it could go as high as one hundred. That first bulk order should arrive sometime in late March or early April, assuming that nothing is too terribly wrong with the copy I ordered today.

I'll be pricing the book on the Lulu site (and in bookstores, if I can get it there) at $24.95. However, for copies that I sell myself, I expect to provide an "author's discount", bringing the price down to a nice, round $20. If you're interested, and haven't let me know yet, please consider doing so at your convenience. I've gotten pretty strong, positive feedback on it so far, and I honestly think this is a book that every parent (or parent-to-be) should read. But then again, I guess I'm a little biased on the subject...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will we be able to get electronic copies?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Good question, Geoff. I've got a friend who wants to make it available as an iPhone app, and I can also make it downloadable via Lulu. I know that the former requires a significant amount of work (which is what the friend is interested in doing) but I'm not sure about the latter. Since I don't have an eReader of any sort, I'm not sure how I'd determine what it would look like if I just left it as is and offered it in an electronic form.

Thoughts?