Monday, February 01, 2010

Bad Internet Ends Gaming Streak

I'd been on a nice roll with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 recently. For eight nights in a row (Sunday to Sunday), I'd spent several hours each night - starting a little before Vicki's bedtime - playing online before heading to bed myself. I'd put in something like 40 hrs over that stretch, and had a lot of fun doing so. Tonight, that particular run has come screeching to a halt.

Not because I'm tired of the game (I'm not, yet).

Not because of any other commitments (I have none at the moment).

And not because of my hands starting to hurt from all of the intensive activity (they should have by now but haven't, which I'm attributing to yoga classes since nothing else has changed).

No, I'm not playing tonight because our Internet connection keeps dropping! I started about six games over the course of nearly an hour, each one of which ended prematurely with a connection problem. Finally, I've given up, and am heading to bed at the ungodly early time of 11:30!

Here's hoping things are better tomorrow night. But eight consecutive nights of fun isn't a bad run, either.

No comments: