Monday, February 22, 2010

Possibly A Good Sign

I mentioned earlier that I had put in an ISBN application so that I could include one with my Math book in case I can get it into local bookstores. Today, I got a call from a nice woman in that government department who proceeded to ask me several questions, in a very thick French Canadian accent, about my publishing situation (will I be publishing it myself? is the name of the company really "AgileMan Consulting" and so on). Then she said, "There's one final question that I have for you, which I really need to know the answer to: will you be publishing a version of No Kid of Ours is Failing at Math in French??" It turns out that she has a high schooler at home who's falling behind in Math and she can't find a good tutor for him, and even joked that she wished I would move to Ottawa so that I could help him!

This sort of response to the premise of the book seems to be quite common. I saw it when Vicki was appearing on the local current events TV program and the other guests wanted to talk to me about the book when they were in the green room with me. It's quite the change from my AgileMan book experiences, where most peoples' eyes glaze over when I describe what those ones are about. I can only hope this means that bigger and better things await this latest book of mine.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I mentioned your new book to a couple friends the other day who are also interested in it. One's husband is a high school Math teacher and she thought he'd really be interested in it. The other has a son who is somewhat struggling with math.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

That's great to hear, Damian, and thanks so much for mentioning the book. I'm doing my best right now (in the final stages of polishing the material) to make sure it lives up to everyone's expectations. Everyone's feedback so far has been very positive, but I keep finding little additions or changes that make it just that much better. It helps knowing that there are prospective buyers out there, and that I'm not just writing this for my own amusement.

It should be available sometime in mid- to late-March, based on how things have been going. Just in time for parents to be receiving their kids' 2nd term report cards, if they're in elementary school! :-)

Anonymous said...

Pretty cool vibe we have going here, keep it going =]

Anonymous said...

nice stuff here, very very nice

Anonymous said...

Great site you have here. Do you have an RSS feed? I tried to find one but couldn't see if there was one or not.
[url=http://lewi1har2ris.typepad.com/blog/2010/09/the-history-of-video-games.html ]used video games [/url]
http://ray3campb2ell.bravejournal.com

[url=http://newsreleaser.com/0000002030.html ]new movies [/url]
http://www.information-online.com/node/96291