Thursday, February 18, 2010

JMS Dishes On Disney Comics

J Michael Straczynski is doing some very nice work at DC Comics these days, with standalone issues of Brave and the Bold every month that I'm quite enjoying. Today a very brief interview with him appeared on one of the comic sites, though, during which the writer finally revealed some tidbits about his relationship with his previous publisher, Disney Comics (formerly Marvel Comics). The quote that really jumped out at me was:

"Though Joe Q. has not spoken a word to me since I offered a critical opinion about Spider-Man: One More Day, the rest of the staff at Marvel could not be more welcoming or professional or friendly, especially [Marvel Publisher] Dan Buckley (who had to move into the position of my liaison once Joe put me in the cone of silence)."

Apparently Joey Q doesn't like having his boneheaded decisions questioned in public, even when it's coming from an award-winning author.

No comments: