Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow

Vicki and I have two book-related events scheduled for tomorrow, which should make for a very hectic day (I also have a tutoring session to do between the two). In the afternoon, we head back into my old office, as I blogged about recently.

The evening activity - a school bazaar - will probably give us a better sense than we have right now as to how appropriate a venue of that sort is for promoting and selling copies of No Kid of Ours is Failing at Math (How Parents Can Help). It could be that there's little interest in the contents of the book to be found there, or lots of interest but little inclination to spend $20 in cold, hard cash in order to find out more. By this time tomorrow night, we'll have some idea of the answer to those questions, at least.

Today saw a couple of unplanned sales, as both our dentist and my chiropractor bought copies, unsolicited. We also heard of other "leads" that may turn into sales, which is always an exciting prospect. This is such a different experience than my AgileMan authorship was!

No comments: