Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Dryer Update

Thanks to those who left comments on the earlier post about our dryer taking way too long to dry clothes, we did several things to address the situation:
  • First we detached the big pipe at the back and cleaned it out as best we could.
  • Then we followed the Man from Mars' advice and washed the removable lint filter.
  • Finally, Vicki discovered a big clump of lint in the outside end of the big pipe, and cleaned it out.
Whether it was just one or all of the above solutions, the end result is: our dryer now takes 70 minutes (not 3+ hours) to dry a big load of towels, socks and underwear! Yay, we're back to being somewhat energy-efficient, and just in time for Spring when we'll resume our laundry hanging-out practice for the next six or seven months.

Thanks again for all of the great suggestions! You guys are the best, when you put your minds to it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.