Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Birthday Treat For Me

Apparently, sometime on Monday of this week, Windows Mail decided to change the account information for all 4 of my e-mail accounts to be the same. Since then, every time I've refreshed my in-basket, I've actually been going out - 4 times - to the main account and checking it for mail, with no access to the other 3. Not all that helpful, really.

I thought it was strange that I got so little traffic today, considering it was my birthday. Little did I know that I'd actually received about a dozen e-mails, but almost none of them were to the main e-mail ID. It was only after complaining to the comic store guy about not sending out his "New comics are here!" e-mail today that I discovered there might be a problem on my end.

With the help of Boneman - sending me test e-mails - I was able to eventually track down the bottleneck and fix it. I'm not sure why the application felt it necessary to make that annoying "normalization", but I hope it doesn't do it again anytime soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.