Saturday, March 27, 2010

They're Finally Giving The Poor Guy A Break!

It's official: Fox cancels 24 as of the end of the current season.

There have been rumours for a few weeks now that NBC might pick the show up for a second life if Fox did, indeed, deep-six it. Otherwise, watch for Jack Bauer to next appear on the big screen, although obviously the format would have to change.

Personally, I've found the last several seasons to each be frustratingly uneven. There are moments of edge-of-your-seat suspense and brilliantly-conceived twists sprinkled among way too many unbelievable developments and ridiculous examples of federal incompetence. I've long thought that a better writing staff on that show could have turned it into a first-rate action drama but I guess now we'll probably never know if I was right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think the first season was the best, but I did enjoy seasons 5 and 6. I haven't gotten around to 7 yet.

My wife and I have tried to make it a Christmas tradition of late to watch an entire season of 24 on Christmas Day. Guess we'll need to switch shows soon.