Tuesday, March 09, 2010

What 19 Years Of Marriage Is Worth

I'm kidding, of course, as my marriage is worth a lot more to me than a comic book, even one as nice as the All Star Comics # 49 (from the late 1940s) that Vicki gave me for our 19th wedding anniversary yesterday. But it was still pretty special to receive such a outstanding token of her affection, all these many years after we tied the knot as (relative) youngsters.

I haven't read it yet, but I'm dying to know how the Golden Age versions of Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Flash think that chiseling a warning into the side of a hill is somehow going to avert "the Invasion of the Fire People!" I don't know for sure, but I suspect there may be time travel involved! (And how exactly did they split the work up between Flash and Wonder Woman, as she's still working on the middle of the message when the whole thing's looking pretty finished?)

Vicki received a couple of books from me, as well as a gift certificate to a favourite gardening centre of hers. Something tells me the timing worked out perfectly for that, as it's absolutely Spring-like outside right now. I don't think she'll have any trouble using that money in the next several weeks!

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Love my GC...can't wait to go use it. I may have to just go window shop the store (it really is too early to actually buy anything yet)!