Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Fun You Can Have With Video Games Even Before You Play Them

OK, I realize not everyone has seen Alien eight or nine times, like I have. Some of you probably wouldn't even include it on your Top 20 Movies of All Time list, crazy as that sounds to me. But if you have any love at all for that Ridley Scott classic film, you should really spend 7 minutes enjoying this video of one fan unboxing his Collector's Edition Aliens Vs Predator game. It's worth it for the music alone! I laughed out loud several times while watching it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you heard that Riddley Scott is planning on rebooting Alien?

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Indeed, that's the scuttlebutt. Personally, I want to believe it's going to happen, but I won't really do so until I start hearing set reports or seeing stills from the making of. I've stuck to my guns for nearly 20 years now in saying that, much as I love Cameron's sequel (Aliens, of course), the original is still better. Having watched both recently, I continue to see more art and edge-of-your-seat suspense in the "unsuspecting crew versus one creature" than in the "Marines against a horde and Queen" format of the follow-up. Therefore the thought of Mr Scott back behind the camera once again is thrilling, to say the least.

Rumours differ, however, on whether it's a reboot or a prequel.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

For example, here's an article from last October that seems to strongly suggest the new movie is a prequel.