Thursday, November 01, 2007

23rd Straight Month Of Biking? Check!

With today's round trip to work, I reached 23 consecutive months of having biked at least once (with most months featuring more like 15 to 20 excursions).

So November's taken care of, but December's always a little dicey, for two reasons: snow may arrive by then, but also the sun sets so early (as the shortest day of the year is approached and passed) that it's challenging to get out of work while there's still enough light to bike home by. With the time change this weekend coming up (yay, a week later than it used to be!) even the rest of November will probably be more miss than hit, but right now I can still be safely out on the paths or streets shortly after 6:00 pm, meaning that I'll have until around 5:15 next week.

I doubt I'll get my 100 rides in this year, what with the five weeks of vacation over the summer. But I'll probably be pretty close, since I had a nice run in September and October where I rode on 24 consecutive working days! It's finally cold enough in the morning (low single digits, Celsius) that it's easy to cool down outside our building, and the bike area in the basement is no longer overflowing with vehicles! In some ways, this is my favourite time of the year for biking! (It doesn't hurt that the paths are so much less-traveled by others right now, either!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

and it probably doesn't hurt that you haven't had a flat tire in awhile now.