Saturday, November 10, 2007

Christmas In November

This morning I did most of this year's Christmas shopping, while Vicki was out of town at her mother's. As usually happens when I venture out into the world of colourfully-adorned packages and flashing lights, I ended up buying other stuff, too.

I still had $60 left on a FutureShop gift card from last year, so I bought First Person Shooter F.E.A.R. for the PS/3. It was that or Call of Duty 4, and the latter was sold out, making the choice easy. I may still pick up COD4, but not on this day. I'm hoping F.E.A.R. lives up to the glowing review one of the guys at work gave it (although he played it on his PC...)

Then I saw a big display of "2 for $30" DVDs and just had to take a look. Besides getting Vicki something for Christmas, I also came home with Clint Eastwood's Flags of Our Fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima, Kevin Smith's Dogma (which I've been on the lookout for, at a good price, for years) and a combo pack containing both versions of Apocalypse Now! (I already had Redux but didn't have the original).

Who knew Christmas would come so early this year?

No comments: