Wednesday, November 14, 2007

XBox 360 Now Arrived!

Always-reliable Boneman delivered the goods tonight, and then helped me hook it up and give it a quick test run. I now have a ridiculous number of XBox games (prior to tonight, I owned 3, I think - Halo, Halo 2 and some other one I've never played; now I own more than I care to list, including a couple Medal of Honors and a Call of Duty) as well as several 360 games (Halo 3, Gears of War, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter). We loaded up Halo 3 and Vicki immediately said, "Hey, that's the Halo music!" All that's missing now is Tammy, to play absurdly long sessions of Co-op Mode with me!

The only glitch came when I realized that we only have 2 HD Component Video inputs on our big screen TV, both of which are already 'spoken for' (HD SARA box, and PS/3). Sadly, until we upgrade our TV, that means I either put one of the two consoles in Standard Definition mode (uggh!) or manually switch the inputs anytime I go from PS/3 to XBox 360 or vice versa. The latter's not ideal (obviously) but I'll try it for awhile and see how onerous it seems.

So now the question becomes, what do I play? I was really enjoying F.E.A.R. on the PS/3, but Halo 3 looks awfully tempting... and what about Gears of War??

On a completely unrelated topic, I'll be working from home tomorrow...

No comments: