Thursday, November 22, 2007

A Milestone Is Passed... Finally

After not working on the Agile book for several weeks, I took advantage of Vicki being out at a team-building cooking class (?) tonight and spent an hour or so finishing up the chapter I'd previously left off on. This was the longest chapter to date (I think, six pages in total) and was all about our Feature Lead experiences at work. It'd probably be a tough section for some at work to read but I figured there were lessons learned there that should be shared (even if no one but my immediate circle ever reads it!)

Anyway, I passed 20,000 words tonight. In Word, it's about 55 pages long at the moment, which I have no idea how to translate into "paper pages" since I'm sure it's all dependent on font size, page dimensions and all kinds of other parameters that I haven't even considered yet. I find word count more reliable, as I've had the notion of the book being somewhere around 50,000 words right from the start. Considering how long it's taken me to produce the first 40% of that number, though, I may end up reducing the target. I guess it really depends on when I feel like I'm running out of topics, which is nowhere close to happening just yet.

No comments: