Thursday, November 15, 2007

This One's For Tammy

(... who likes it when she's mentioned in blog posts... so imagine her delight when she discovers that she's being mentioned in the title of a blog post!)

Three months after taking part in this year's Silver Age Trivia Panel at the Chicago WizardWorld Comic Convention, I'm finally - yes, almost 100 days later - transferring the video from that event onto a VHS tape (and off of Tammy's camcorder). Normally I do this in the week immediately following the convention... this year I did it approximately a quarter of a year later! It's just been that kind of hectic!

Anyway, so as I set up the pieces (VHS tape in the VCR, charge up the camcorder, hook up the various wires) I realized that I couldn't find the camcorder's input for the A/V connecting cable. I mean, I looked... and looked... and opened every little flap that I could find on it, and nowhere could I spot a place to plug the cable into! I looked for Tammy online, hoping that she could solve the mystery, but she - like the input slot itself! - was nowhere to be found!

Before too many more minutes passed, though, I remembered: we live in the Information Age! I went to Sony's website, found the camcorder model, requested the manual - got asked to sign up as a member, filled in the required fields - downloaded the manual and then quickly scanned it, looking for the answer. And wouldn't you know, there's a little piece near the head of the device that looks like it's permanent but is actually removable... under which lay the A/V input slot! Success!

And now I'm busy transferring over the trivia panel that I can barely remember taking part in anymore!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

meeeeeeeee

Anonymous said...

My oh my...nothing is easy. Good for you to download a manual after being presented with a sign up form.