Thursday, November 15, 2007

Depending On The Kindness Of Strangers

Less than 12 hours after posting about my HD Component Video input crisis, I had one super-keen friend telling me (over Messenger) about a couple electronics item that would solve my problem, and another kind soul (over e-mail) offering to give me one, if he can find it! How can a person not be impressed by both the generosity and pure speed of such responses? If they're me, they can't not be impressed (this double negative brought to you in the hopes of driving Men from Mars absolutely bonkers).

Today was spent at home, but sadly no gaming was to be found. I had one firm objective for the day - produce a set of slides on Story Points that I could take with me to San Francisco the week after next - and I only just finished that ten minutes ago (7:00 pm!) Most of my day was spent in countless e-mail and Messenger conversations with people at work, on various and sundry topics revolving around estimating and meeting commitments. Oh, and I wrote two (yes, two!) work blog posts today, not coincidentally on those very same subjects! And somehow all of that chewed up roughly nine hours! It's a good thing I stayed home!

No comments: