Saturday, November 17, 2007

Living In F.E.A.R.

I spent most of today doing one of two things:

1) Trying to get a wireless card to work in Vicki's PC for the first time ever (so that I could move the router away from her PC whenever I want to play on XBox Live), and
2) playing F.E.A.R. on the PS/3.

The former was way too frustrating, as my first attempt kept resulting in the machine freezing up whenever I'd try to get the drivers to install. After giving up on that card, I scavenged a second one, and it took me two more tries before I could even get that one to successfully install! The whole episode wasn't helped at all by Sympatico changing our e-mail access this week such that I initially thought I'd broken the PC's ability to "get mail" only to eventually figure out it had nothing to do with anything that I'd done. But I still had to fix that issue!

The latter activity, on the other hand, was a whole lot of fun, as I've really gotten into F.E.A.R. since figuring out how to play it without getting killed every five minutes. One of the trickier aspects of it revolves around only being able to carry 3 weapons at a time, and trying to anticipate which ones it's best to leave behind... hoping that you won't regret your decision a few minutes later, when you realize, "I could really use my sniper rifle right now!"

It's funny that I bought this game only because Call of Duty 4 was sold out on the day I was looking for it, as it's hard to believe I'll actually end up enjoying COD4 more than this!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Does it have a co-op mode? (Not that it sounds like something I'd be good at)

Anonymous said...

Weird slo-mo effect and very scary. Lots of blood and dead bodies.