Monday, November 05, 2007

A Return To The 90s?

Bad enough that variant covers have returned with a vengeance in the comic world over the past few years - a mainstay of the Speculation Age during the mid-90s - but following Captain America's death in March of this year we now have rumours of Batman being killed off next year. Stupid events like that were another symptom of that gone-but-not-missed era in comic history, which saw Superman killed, Batman's back broken, Tony Stark replaced by a teenage version - hey, I'm not making this stuff up! - and scads of other similarly-silly 'events.'

I hope that's not where we're headed, as it sucked last time, and then ended badly (with comic sales dropping off precipitously and never really recovering)!

2 comments:

Boneman8 said...

What happened to my idea for your post?!?!

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

I forgot what it was! Did it revolve around your travails in boiling some eggs? (That was my fallback!)