Monday, March 31, 2008

Reading Binge

Yesterday I decided to make a significant dent in my unread pile of comics. I brought small stack after small stack out to the living room over the course of the day, and was quite happy with just how many I'd blown through by the time I went to bed. At that point, Vicki commented on what she'd noticed in that department, and asked how many I'd read. I paused about 2 seconds, and then said, "27." She laughed, and asked, "Did you somehow know that figure or did you just make up a number to shut me up?" And so I responded, "Well, I took 7 to read the first time, 7 the second time, and 7 the third time... then I switched to a group of 4 late in the evening, and just finished reading 2 in bed. So that's 27."

That still left me with over 20 unread to deal with, but that's a much more manageable number than I started Sunday with!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

27 again, eh?

I stand by my original comment.

Anonymous said...

Man Peter is on top of this blog!