Tuesday, July 15, 2008

10 Years Ago Today


It was exactly 10 years ago that Vicki, Tammy and I came over to our "brand new" house - with a pool! - just long enough to admire it once again before heading out to the Chicago comic convention. The house was pretty empty that day - we'd move in a week later - and we managed to turn the pool water green while we were out of town (apparently leaving the pool pump off for several days in a row wasn't all that good of an idea!) but it's still a very fond and vivid memory of mine. It seemed at the time like our lives were taking a turn for the better, and I think the ensuing span has proved that to be true.

Until today, I'd never lived 10 years in one place... ever. My family, when I was growing up, always seemed to move around as our financial situation improved or worsened, with an eight and a half year stay in a 3rd-floor apartment (no elevator!) being the longest stretch before this current streak.

Vicki's responsible for most of the good things in my life, and a decade of happiness at this address is just one of the proofs of that. I'm a very lucky man, and I don't often forget it!

3 comments:

T said...

Congrats Home-boy! Nicest post I think you have ever done.

Anonymous said...

Pretty picture!

Anonymous said...

Aw...you always surprise me with nice things!