Tuesday, July 08, 2008

A Good Week For Book Sales

Softening, somewhat, the impact of coming back to work after being on vacation were two sales of The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) early this week. This brings the total to 35 sales in just over 3 months of publication, 5 of which happened online (at Lulu) at no cost to yours truly.

I checked my accounting spreadsheet and I'm very close to the break even point now. If I were to sell the last 2 copies that I have on hand, and I was to get one more online sale, then I'd essentially have made back the cost of producing the book, including the many free copies that I gave away. In order to print more copies, though, (to have available when people ask to buy one), I'd then have to go back into the red until I'd sold slightly more than half of them.

Ain't self-publishing fun?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun and impressive! Time for the sequel.

Editor Vicki

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Editors! Always bugging authors to get writing...