Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Apparently Nothing Sells Books Quite Like Quitting Your Job

Some very kind and generous souls at work, upon hearing of my resignation, have boosted sales of The Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Lessons Learned in Going Agile) to a level not seen since the very first week of its publication. At last count, I'd gotten six (6) new purchase requests from co-workers over the past seven days, to the point where I've had to stall people while I await the latest shipment from Lulu (and wouldn't you just know that the package doesn't seem to have a tracking number provided, despite the fact that every previous order, including single copies, have had it...)

Vicki also started the process for a seventh (7th) new sale on the train ride home from visiting Tammy in Toronto yesterday - I just have to close the deal now, by actually delivering a copy and collecting my cash, which I hope to do over lunch next week. So I'd say this qualifies as a spectacular week for ol' AgileMan and his steamy memoirs...

No comments: