Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Only 7 More Working Days Until Christmas

OK, maybe not, but you get the idea...

I've now completely run out of copies of my book - having sold the last one at lunch today - while I continue to wait for new shipments to arrive from tardy Lulu. (Today's sale was # 38, by the by.) I'm somewhat embarrassed that I can't supply copies to the five people at work who want to buy the book, after thinking that I'd have books in hand by this time last week, but I'm also quite relieved that I ordered the 26 copies for the Agile 2008 Conference as early as I did (thinking, at the time, that I had lots of buffer still in the schedule but playing it safe, as I tend to do).

Things haven't slowed down in the least for me at work as of yet, which I guess is good because it's making for days that just fly by. Some people are seeming skeptical about the idea that I've really quit one job without having lined up the next one already. That claim of mine has been exasperated, I guess, by the fact that some previous resignators have used that approach to cover up various instances of poaching by former employees. I keep insisting that I really, truly, have no new job waiting for me just yet, but that's apparently a very novel idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

New corporate policy:

All employees are to live paycheck to paycheck.

Anonymous said...

I can give you work! Do you want me to start the "honey do" list?