Tuesday, August 26, 2008

6 Down, A Few Dozen More To Go?

I finished the 6th Issue (aka chapter) of More Real-Life Adventures of AgileMan (Year Two: Easier Said Than Done) this morning, sitting by the side of the pool where I've written most of the book so far. I have a good idea what the next several Issues will be about, and I'm having a lot of fun building up the narrative of the story. It's an interesting combination of two things that appeal to me: writing about work, and attempting to tell a tale in a manner that will hold a reader's attention. By my best calculations, I'm about 15% of the way through the first draft, after two concerted weeks of 'work' (of 2 - 3 hr days, 5 days a week). That should mean a finished product sometime around the end of the year, if all goes according to plan.

In other news... this week I find myself with four - count 'em, four! - lunch dates! The first was today, and the rest of the week is currently booked, as well! At least I'll get some bike riding in this week, which is good news, indeed!

No comments: