Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Feast For The Grant Morrison Fan


The writer of two of DC Comics' biggest comic book events underway right now, Final Crisis and Batman R.I.P., takes part in a fascinating interview that was an absolute treat to read. It provides a lot of insight into what Morrison's trying to accomplish with both storylines, and actually increased my interest in each, at least by a little. The interview also answered a couple of nagging questions that I've had, around whether Final Crisis was really expected to have any lasting effect on the DC Universe (answer: yes!) and how the events of Batman R.I.P. fit in with Batman's appearances in Final Crisis. That one got a more complicated answer, mainly because Morrison doesn't want to ruin the endings of either series, which makes perfect sense to me. Even just reading that he's thought it all through and knows what the timelines are between the two reassures me somewhat.

1 comment:

David said...

A good interview, thanks for the signpost.