Monday, August 11, 2008

Of Shooting Stars And Shipping Laptops

Vicki and I spent half an hour tonight, huddled together under a blanket on our back patio. She'd heard about a good display of shooting stars that was expected in the northeastern sky tonight around 11:00 p.m., but all we saw were one, or maybe two, such things, despite all our skyward scanning... if shooting stars they even were!

Of a more fruitful nature, I got the e-mail this evening indicating that my new laptop had shipped, so I'm hopeful that I'll get it sometime soon (maybe even in the next couple of days).

1 comment:

Boneman8 said...

I had read that to see them, you needed to check the sky shortly before dawn (as the Moon would have "set" leaving the sky even darker).

I happened to wake up around 4:00am this morning, and looked out my patio door for about 10 seconds, saw nothing, and flipped NASA the bird and went back to bed.