Monday, March 09, 2009

Books I'm Currently Reading (March 2009 Edition)

Two months ago, I listed the six (yes, 6!) books that I was reading at the time. I've since finished all of them, including the pesky Kim Stanley Robinson novel that I'd gotten stuck in, and also knocked off Neil Gaiman's Fragile Things, a collection of short stories and poems by Mr G.

My reading list is smaller at the moment, but still multi-faceted:

You Don't Love Me Yet by Jonathem Lethem - Yet another Lethem novel, but why the heck not when he keeps refusing to let me down? This one is a little hard to gauge early on but so far I'm enjoying it. Lucinda, one of the main characters, works in a Complaint Call Centre that isn't actually affiliated with any organization, nor does it limit in any way what its callers can complain about... which is kind of intriguing!

Panic by Michael Lewis - This is a bit of an odd duck, as it's on a topic that I'm presently very interested in (financial meltdowns) but has a format that's not really all that engaging. Basically it's a collection of published articles related to various American economic downturns of the past, with some of them being... very dry, shall we say. I'm only about 10% of the way in so far, and the jury's out as to whether or not I'll finish it.

Succeeding with Agile by Mike Cohn - Mike has put some of the chapters of his next book out in draft form online and asked for feedback. I'm doing my part to spot typos and suggest alternative wordings, but I'm also learning a thing or two in the process.

As well, I finished re-reading Watchmen by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons just in time to go see the film version last weekend. It was the best thing I've read since... well, the last time I cracked open its covers, probably!

No comments: