Saturday, March 21, 2009

Comedy In The Kitchen

Last night, in an attempt to give Vicki a break on the dinner-making front, I went well outside my comfort zone (i.e. into her kitchen). I took my best shot at having homemade chicken fingers ready for the oven by the time she got home from work. It was a good plan, with only one small glitch: the unlabeled bag of crumbs that I used, thinking that they were bread crumbs? Graham cracker crumbs!

Those were some (unintentionally and unnaturally) sweet-tasting chicken fingers! (I don't recommend that particular recipe variation, by the way.) You'd think I'd have learned by now to stay the Hell out of the kitchen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But it is the thought that counts! And you didn't even realize the mistake until the next day! So all good

Michael Kernahan said...

What she is trying to tell you is: More please.

Think of it as an Agile experiment: Try, fail, adapt, try again. :-)

T said...

you have the breakfast dishes done yet Ms. M. Holmes?

(actually this is kinda nice to read - signed the Laundry Boy)