Friday, March 20, 2009

Just Saw My First "Bailout" Commercial

There certainly may have been others before this, but then again I don't normally watch the ads.

Today I happened to be slow in hitting the FastForward button during the buffered NCAA coverage and thus caught a commercial in which Domino Pizza's CEO Dave Brandon announces a "big taste bailout" special deal with the U.S. Capitol in the background. He plays to his audience by taking a pizza away from an older man, saying he's "not bailing out the fat cats on Wall St - sorry Mr Hedge Fund!" but rather "you hard-working people on Main St" as he hands it to a much younger John Q. Public.

Geez, not too suck-uppity, eh!? As a CEO, he should just count his lucky stars that no one took him out of the game for good while he was out in the open filming that little bit of nonsense!

I must say that my pick for "2008 Word of the Year" is still going strong in 2009!

No comments: