Thursday, March 26, 2009

Wow, What A Find!

Thanks to a Twitter tweet from Neil Gaiman, I (and tens of thousands of others) saw this link this afternoon that contains scans of the legendary third issue of Alan Moore's aborted Big Numbers series. The original pages for the third issue were allegedly destroyed by the artist, Al Columbia, but the person who posted these scans (with Moore's blessing) bought photocopies of them off eBay earlier this year. [Update Apr 4/09: Based on further reading about these pages that I've since done, this work from the unpublished third issue may in fact have been done by Bill Sienkiewicz, with the still undiscovered fourth issue's artwork having been destroyed by Al Columbia. What a strange history that aborted series has!]

I haven't read them yet because... well, you don't just dive right in and imbibe in something that monumental on a lark... but I'm looking forward to enjoying them sometime in the next day or two. I've always been disappointed that Big Numbers never got finished, as the two issues published were incredibly interesting. Now at least I can see some of what was to have come next if only things had gone better.

No comments: