Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Secret Of Colbert

I absolutely loved the following bit of insight into The Colbert Report, as provided by Neil Gaiman, over on his blog, after he appeared on the show earlier this week:

"Before the show, Stephen Colbert said hello, shook hands and told me what I am sure he tells every guest, that his character is an idiot, and to be passionate and make my points regardless."

That explains so much about why the various guests react the way they do on that program. They mostly laugh at Stephen's ridiculous comments, but the occasional guest will seem to become a bit indignant about them... as one does at times, even when one knows that one is dealing with an idiot! I still personally prefer The Daily Show to The Colbert Report, but the latter is growing on me, over time. And Jon Stewart does set a pretty freakin' high bar, after all!

I also learned from that same blog post that Colbert "spun off from The Daily Show"... I did not know that!

No comments: