Thursday, October 19, 2006

Almost almost famous

This month's issue of the Comic Buyers Guide, a magazine about comics and the comics marketplace (what's each comic worth, what's hot among recent comics, what back issues are changing most in value; that sort of thing) came out yesterday. Even though I knew it was coming, it still freaks me out when I buy a trade magazine (pretty 'professional' in appearance), flip through it, and see my own picture in it! As happens most years, my ugly mug showed up in the column all about the Silver Age Comic Trivia Panel in Chicago this year. In the same vein as the Woody Allen (or possibly Groucho Marx, originally) line, "I wouldn't want to join any club that'd have me as a member!", it's almost like seeing myself in the magazine immediately makes me think, "Oh that's right.. it's only a trade rag, isn't it!" But I suppose in reality it firmly qualifies me as almost almost famous! :-)

1 comment:

Peter Janes said...

You'll be really happy to see these, then:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6

Makes me want to break out my old Reach for the Top tapes, if only so I can remember what it was like to have a full head of hair....