Thursday, October 26, 2006

Finding Me Too Wordy? I've Got the Cure!

For those of you who haven't been checking out Neil Gaiman's journal on a regular basis like you should, you might not know about Wired magazine's challenge that was sent out to genre and SF writers recently: "Give us your best 6-word short, short story!" The results are quite entertaining, I think! A few personal favourites:

Alan Moore: Machine. Unexpectedly, I’d invented a time

Charles Stross: Osama’s time machine: President Gore concerned.

Steven Meretzky: I win lottery. Sun goes nova.

Steven Meretzky: Leia: "Baby's yours." Luke: "Bad news…"


And I can't resist adding my own contributions (just to prove I can be brief, if only just this once):

Kimota94 aka Matt: Turns out, the power was on!

Kimota94 aka Matt: Which one's the brake again, daddy?

Kimota94 aka Matt: You've got me? Who's got you? (OK, I stole that one!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the Alan Moore one.

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Read it starting with the second word, and then put the first word at the end. The speaker's apparently caught in a time loop as a result of his amazing success as an inventor.

Tammy said...

wow that's too clever for me!