Saturday, October 28, 2006

Yeah, that's sure a lot of words, alright!

Some brief comments about what I just finished writing, while it's fresh in my mind.

As I'd expected, Chapter 3 of my little writing experiment Skipped turned out to be a lot of work (if sitting at a keyboard, typing away, can really be considered work when there're people who break their backs doing actual physical labour everyday). I spent about five or six hours writing it, not counting the hour or so of prep time I did upfront, laying out what would go where. That's considerably more than either of the first 2 chapters, maybe more than both combined. Fun!

Also, for the inestimably-obsessed-with-numbers Jim Hinckley, I should point out, since it's only obvious to the blog owner, that Chapter 3 was blog entry # 64. Sixty four. Two to the power of six. Trust me, he cares about things like that. God help us all.

When next I post, maybe I'll write about 30 Rock. Funny show. Tina Fey. What's not to like?

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I certainly enjoyed the hour I saw! Miss you guys, when will I see you again!?! haha. These one night visits just aren't enough..

Tammy said...

ready for the next chapter ready ready

Kimota94 aka Matt aka AgileMan said...

Sheesh! I just finished Chapter 3 last night! I can't even think about Chapter 4 yet!! But I appreciate that you're into it.

Didn't you go away this weekend? Something about visiting your Deloitte buddies?

Tammy said...

Yep, went to Toronto. Hung out with them Friday night, dad on Saturday. Home now.